Removing Prior Year Data When In Actuals
- Run the balance sheet for the year BEFORE you want your actuals to begin and export to excel.
Why? This will be used to update your opening balances.
- Export all the reports for the year you want the forecast to start for comparison.
- Reset to No Actuals - choose whether you want to keep the actuals as your budget or revert to original budget.
Why? When you remove the prior years, the number of actual months stay the same. Causing actuals where you don't want them.
- Initialise records by opening any record on the year you want to be your new start.
Why? This will ensure the data is initialised and held in the forecast.
- Go to Extent/Amend and select Delete First Year Data.
- Once completed, check that the first year has been removed and that the data is still showing in the record you selected in step 3.
- Repeat steps 4, 5 & 6 until you have reached your desired start date.
- Go to Opening Balance Sheet Entry, click Export to Clipboard. Paste into Excel in front of your exported balance sheet from step 1.
- Copy the prior month only, e.g. Forecast starts in April 2021, Use March 2021, and align with the Opening Balance Sheet entry names.
- Copy to your clipboard and Import into the Opening Balance Sheet screen.
- Run and check the reports against your previous reports. You may be required to tidy up some figures.
Cannot Import from Clipboard in Actuals or Opening Balances
Issue: I have exported my actual figures to Excel using "Export to Clipboard", have made changes in Excel and copied the excel figures to my clipboard but now the Import option is not available. Cause: If you forecast name is entirely made up of ...
Forecast 5 Sample Data
Downloaded and installed Forecast 5 and you aren't sure where to start? We have provided a sample data that will help you see most of the features and benefits that Forecast 5 has to offer. Import the Sales Demo data found in the program installer ...
Forecast Data Export Guide
The Data Export allows you to export multiple existing forecasts from Forecast 5 into a formatted spreadsheet to be imported into an external product, e.g., Spotlight, Fathom. Please see the attachment tab for the guide
Xero Integration - Actuals not importing
Issue: When trying to import your Actuals into Forecast 5 using the Xero integration, some or all figures are not pulling through. Cause: This could be due to lack of connection or locked accounts. Solution: 1. Check that you have re-established the ...
Xero Integration Error: Returned Empty Data
Issue: I receive an error message when trying to connect to Xero using the new Auth. Cause: This could be caused by the port being used by another application, therefore preventing the connection from establishing and Forecast 5 from getting the ...